Our School Vision
At Shustoke C of E Primary School we aim to begin with the child, encouraging and supporting each individual to become a positive member of the community through childhood and into adult life. We seek to ensure all children enjoy their school experience, developing their confidence, self esteem, gifts and talents through a stimulating curriculum in which they initiate learning as active partners, and rise to challenges giving of their best.
We endeavour to prepare the children for the next stage in their education and to make a positive contribution to our rapidly changing world. We believe that all children have the potential to learn, develop academically, socially, morally, spiritually and culturally caring about others and the world in which we live. We work in partnership and welcome all parents, governors, the church and the community in the life of the school, providing education of the highest quality within the context of the Christian belief and practice.
Our Core Values
At Shustoke School we believe that all children should display the following core values:
By fulfilling the following aims we want all our children to be happy, successful, caring and confident:
- to provide a stimulating learning environment which considers all aspects of a child’s development
- to encourage every child to develop as an independent, self-motivated learner
- to recognise and celebrate achievement in all aspects of life
- to value each individual’s contribution within a climate of mutual care, trust, respect and honesty
- encourage parents to be fully involved in their children’s learning
- to enable each child to feel pride and self-worth in contributing to the school’s place in the school community, local community, national community and global community
- to actively involve the Church in the life of the school
- to actively involve the wider community in the life of the school and promote community cohesion through our Christian ethos.
The staff and governors believe that the school curriculum should:
- be appropriate to the needs, abilities and aptitudes of individual pupils
- promote intellectual, moral, social, creative, cultural, spiritual, emotional and physical development of pupils
- seek to develop the knowledge, concepts, skills and attitudes of pupils in ways which are relevant to the needs of individual pupils and wider community in which they live
- reflect the multicultural and multi-faith nature of society
- presume that all pupils may at some time have special educational and emotional needs requiring particular provision
- seek to ensure equality of opportunity and the recognition that people are entitled to equal opportunities and challenge discrimination.
Our School Prayer
We pray for our school and the chances to make new discoveries every day.
We pray for our friends and families and all the people with whom we share our learning.
Help us to be grateful for all that we have, and to care about those who have less than us.
Help us to challenge prejudice, treating everyone equally and with respect.
When someone hurts or misunderstands us, help us to forgive one another as you have forgiven us.
Help us to care for our world and all the beautiful nature we see, so everyone can enjoy God’s creation.
Thank you for all you have done and given for us.